Privacy and Security Consulting
Personalized to your threat model.
What is security consulting?
Security and privacy consulting helps identify risks to your digital assets, and propose solutions to mitigate these risks. There is no one-size-fits-all, so I will help you identify priorities and areas of improvement in your threat model.
"Digital assets" include things like accounts for various services you use (email, banking, social media, video streaming, etc), identity info, pictures, documents and much more.
By one definition, a threat model "is a list of the most probable threats to your security/privacy endeavors." Threat modeling is key to helping you decide where to focus your limited efforts to protect yourself.
Is consulting for me?
I serve individuals and small businesses.
- you want to protect your digital assets, but don't know where to start
- you feel like you don't have enough time to dedicate to improving your privacy or security
- you want to learn how to be self-sufficient in protecting yourself
- you're not sure of the risks to yourself, friends, family or business
Of course, this is just a small list of reasons you might want consulting. Maybe you already feel you are in a good place security- or privacy-wise, but you want to keep up-to-date with the latest information. Or you may just have frequent questions that you want answered in a timely manner. Or you want technical advice on self-hosting. There are many reasons you may want consulting, and we can be flexible to your needs.
How is consulting structured?
New clients get a free 15 minute consultation.
This is to set expectations for both parties, and to make sure I will be able to help you. Schedule your free initial consultation here.
Video, audio or text sessions. Video sessions are highly recommended, but I realize this may not work for everyone.
Session length and frequency
Consultation sessions are typically 30-60 minutes long. I recommend, initially, sessions every 2-4 weeks. Scheduling is extremely flexible.
Can I get help outside of the sessions?
Yes, each session purchased also constitutes a 1 month retainer. During this time I will attempt to follow-up on previous interactions and answer questions in a thorough and timely manner.
Typically I give advice, and you work on implementing this advice outside of the session. Some people prefer if I implement that advice for them. Unless you are a business this approach is highly discouraged because it can make your security and privacy dependent on me. However, I understand there are valid reasons people might not want or be able to act on our advice themselves, and would just like to throw money at the problem. Ultimately, if you feel like you need this service, it is billed at an hourly rate.
How much does it cost?
Currently, the rate is $30/hr. Payment must be received before each session (with the exception of the initial free consultation.)
There are a few payment options:
- Debit/Credit via PayPal: This is the least recommended as it is the least private, but it is the easiest. You do not need a paypal account.
- Cash by Mail: This is the slowest option, but very private. Keep in mind that the cash must be in-hand before proceeding.
- Monero/XMR: This is the recommended option as it is fast and private. Cake Wallet is recommended for acquiring this.
- Bitcoin/BTC: Not private, but often easier than getting Monero.
Do you have a referral program?
Yes, existing clients or third parties can get a kickback for new clients. Please contact if you are interested.
Are you ready?
Schedule your first session here